Many of my evening I saw here at Dubai were in the Media City. One of a many free-zones in Dubai and a very important hub for Media and other IT companies. The new Dubai Tram services are also available at the Media City, so it is very well connected these days.
The nearest tram station from my location was Palm Jumeirah. That is where this photo was taken, while the sun was setting behind those high rises. It was a stunningly awesome view in naked eye!
Sandstorm or Dust storm can be seen most often here in Dubai, UAE. The Landscape changes in a matter of seconds. Even a small blow of wind can cause a dramatic change in the environment. You know why.
Sometimes the visibility becomes so poor that you can’t even see the cars in front of you! I do like it though, guess why! It gives some kind of depth of field in the distant Skyline. I just love it all, of course, not including those considerable amount of dust that goes into my lungs. In Dubai, you will get it throughout the year though.
It’s definitely not good for health if you are outside, but it is a beautiful thing to see in any City which is build on desert. I loved it. Really did.
Dubai Mall, or to say it properly The Dubai Mall, is one of the most important tourist destination in the City. On more than 5 million square feet, 4 floors and more than thousands of branded outlets, it is a symbol of pure excellence and beauty!
It is located at the Downtown Dubai, very near to the Burj Khalifa (another famous landmark, you know why). The nearest metro station is Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall, which is having a direct connection with the Mall.
What to see?
Actually this is what we have seen. Of course there are a lot of things that I could not cover because of my time and light pocket (yes, some of the attractions costs a lot).
1. The Dubai Mall Waterfall You can clearly hear the hissing noise of the Waterfall when you get near to it. A number of diving human models can bee seen which looks so perfect!
2. The Dubai Ice Rink A huge platform clearly made of Ice and a lots of people skating on it. You will really enjoy people trying to do it and falling several times. Then you will enjoy seeing those perfect moves by the experts. If you can do it or you are brave enough to try it for the first time, don’t hesitate! Just do it.
3. The Dubai Aquarium Its just an aquarium, only it is very huge! I actually saw some of the big creatures there, one clearly looked like a Shark! I am not really good at remembering the names of the creatures but I bet you will enjoy watching them. I enjoyed it for nearly an hour!
4. The Dubai Fountain The most amazing thing I have seen at the City! The Dubai musical Fountain actually dances with the music. The Fountain sometimes goes up to 500 feet on the air! The dancing pattern of the Fountain will surely make you hypnotized.
Besides, you can take a fun ride on boat into the beautiful green Lake where the Fountain show actually takes place.
5. The Burj Khalifa Go out to the Dubai mall lakes from where you can have a stunning view of the famous Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
As I have already said, there are many more to explore and enjoy at The Dubai Mall. Just dive in and keep swimming.
If you have got some time, please do watch this video.
People like us actually have a very boring kind of life. It is like a train, moving on a track always. No means of steering. How amazing the far remote things always look from our perspective, isn’t it? It’s us.
I was working at my desk when this came into my attention… It was like fog. First I thought it is. But then I thought, “Fog? In August? In Dubai?” Then I saw the trees! Twisting like anything… It was a dust storm. Amazing!