The weather cannot be more perfect as it is right now here at Kolkata. A steady sunlight and a cool breeze. A perfect day to spend outside with family. Eco Tourism Park is located at the Rajarhat, Kolkata. Rajarhat, being a new city, an extension of Kolkata, managed to maintain it’s clean and tidy status. The park is also no exception. It was Friday, a working day, and yet it was packed up with people. I can’t imagine what happens there in the weekends or holidays! Anyway here are a few snapshots from inside the park. I hope you like them.
Had a chance to revisit Digha last week. I really do like that place. Nearest beach to our home. My last visit was on August 2013. If you follow my last visit you will get some details on the place.
I usually take bus from my place to Digha as we have direct bus connection and it takes around 5 hours. This time we did it differently, took a train. Howrah-Digha Superfast AC Express is a nice train to travel with. The AC Chair car has a huge legroom and descently comfortable seats. Foods are not so good, not so bad either (when compared to the IRCTC restaurant services). It is around 3 hours on the train.
Last time I visited this place was nowhere near like this. Everything changed. New Parks created and lots of benches installed so you can spend lots of time enjoying the sea view. Cows are unavoidable though!
This is the center of the Biswa Bangla (বিশ্ব বাংলা) Park. The globe with big B inside looks good!
The cranes welcomes you to the Park. They illuminates after evening.
You can buy some good looking handicrafts items from Old Digha markets attached to the beach.
A breathtaking view from the hotel. You cannot simply get down and start swimming at this place. There’s separate public beach built for that.
And this is that public beach. Here you can enjoy a nice seabath.
Enjoy your stay.
It was time for my departure from Dubai. Last year around May. But this time, I decided to come via Abu Dhabi Airport as I never visited before. It was a few months ago Etihad started daily flight to Kolkata.
It was so smooth and easy! Check-in process was done in Dubai itself. Then Etihad took us to Abu Dhabi Airport on Bus.
The terminal design was nice. It was not a big terminal but very well maintained and another example of UAE greatest architectures.
Then I boarded into the Etihad Airbus A320. It was smaller than the Emirates Airbus A330 we usually use to board to Kolkata. But surprisingly, the cabin space was impressive! Seats were more comfortable and leg-space felt a bit more.
Sandstorm or Dust storm can be seen most often here in Dubai, UAE. The Landscape changes in a matter of seconds. Even a small blow of wind can cause a dramatic change in the environment. You know why.
Sometimes the visibility becomes so poor that you can’t even see the cars in front of you! I do like it though, guess why! It gives some kind of depth of field in the distant Skyline. I just love it all, of course, not including those considerable amount of dust that goes into my lungs. In Dubai, you will get it throughout the year though.
It’s definitely not good for health if you are outside, but it is a beautiful thing to see in any City which is build on desert. I loved it. Really did.
Dubai Mall, or to say it properly The Dubai Mall, is one of the most important tourist destination in the City. On more than 5 million square feet, 4 floors and more than thousands of branded outlets, it is a symbol of pure excellence and beauty!
It is located at the Downtown Dubai, very near to the Burj Khalifa (another famous landmark, you know why). The nearest metro station is Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall, which is having a direct connection with the Mall.
What to see?
Actually this is what we have seen. Of course there are a lot of things that I could not cover because of my time and light pocket (yes, some of the attractions costs a lot).
1. The Dubai Mall Waterfall You can clearly hear the hissing noise of the Waterfall when you get near to it. A number of diving human models can bee seen which looks so perfect!
2. The Dubai Ice Rink A huge platform clearly made of Ice and a lots of people skating on it. You will really enjoy people trying to do it and falling several times. Then you will enjoy seeing those perfect moves by the experts. If you can do it or you are brave enough to try it for the first time, don’t hesitate! Just do it.
3. The Dubai Aquarium Its just an aquarium, only it is very huge! I actually saw some of the big creatures there, one clearly looked like a Shark! I am not really good at remembering the names of the creatures but I bet you will enjoy watching them. I enjoyed it for nearly an hour!
4. The Dubai Fountain The most amazing thing I have seen at the City! The Dubai musical Fountain actually dances with the music. The Fountain sometimes goes up to 500 feet on the air! The dancing pattern of the Fountain will surely make you hypnotized.
Besides, you can take a fun ride on boat into the beautiful green Lake where the Fountain show actually takes place.
5. The Burj Khalifa Go out to the Dubai mall lakes from where you can have a stunning view of the famous Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
As I have already said, there are many more to explore and enjoy at The Dubai Mall. Just dive in and keep swimming.
If you have got some time, please do watch this video.